Britain has long been high on the travel bucket list for many Australians, but often travellers don’t venture much further than London before exploring other parts of the UK and Europe. VisitBritain needed an Australian-based campaign to promote Great Britain as a travel destination and encourage Australians to travel beyond just visiting London and explore other parts of the region during their stays.
As part of the highly successful PR campaign, Mulberry:
• Staged two promotional events in Sydney and Melbourne that focused on the core themes of “Taste of Britain”.
• Generated and pitched a research-based news release and a series of feature articles.
• Both events attracted substantial community interest and succeeded in capturing over 18,000 people’s details for direct marketing activities in the future.
• The new release and feature articles achieved high profile media coverage in publications throughout Australia, including the major Fairfax and News Limited daily newspapers.
• In total the campaign gained a total of 39 pieces of media coverage, which led to a total PR equivalent value of $1,533,755 and reached 14 million people.