In the wake of the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, a Division of ISSA, saw an opportunity to fast track the launch of its GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program that helps facilities of all sizes set and follow standards for cleaning, disinfection and infection prevention. GBAC wanted to create widespread awareness to educate facility managers, executives and the public about the program and promote its value at a time when concerns about cleanliness were at an all time high.
GBAC partnered with Mulberry to leverage its extensive experience within the cleaning industry and beyond. To launch the program, Mulberry helped GBAC develop its value proposition and key messaging. It then launched a media relations program that included a press release highlighting the program’s purpose and timeliness as well as the names of several organizations that committed to accreditation, including the Miami Dolphins’ Hard Rock Stadium and Hyatt Hotels. Mulberry also created a chalkboard animation video that outlined the key benefits of the program. Mulberry conducted extensive pitching to relevant trade, local and Tier 1 journalists in the U.S. and Europe.
In the weeks following the initial announcement, Mulberry prepared and pitched additional press releases focusing on other organizations that committed to the program and completed accreditation. As facilities in new regions signed on, Mulberry responded by targeting the necessary media markets to maximize coverage.
• Distributed four GBAC press releases within seven weeks to maintain a consistent presence in the media
• Secured more than 700 pieces of coverage in trade, local and Tier 1 media outlets, such as BUILDINGS, Hotel Business, Phoenix Business Journal, The Points Guy, ESPN, Washington Post, Yahoo! Sports and more.
• Media coverage achieved an estimated 15 million views
• The news stories received a combined 24,500 shares on social media
• GBAC achieved coverage in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, India, Africa, Singapore, Peru, the Philippines, Brazil, Malaysia and more.